Dr. Richard Laviano is the owner and clinic director of Falls Chiropractic and Injury. Dr. Laviano was born in Miami, Florida. His family moved many places when he was young but eventually settled down in Raleigh, North Carolina where he completed his bachelor’s degree at North Carolina State University.
He completed his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Port Orange, Florida, graduating with honors and nomination for clinical excellence.
He finished his MRI interpretation and Spinal Biomechanical Engineering certifications in 2015 and is now completing his Fellowship in Spinal Biomechanics and Trauma with the Academy of Chiropractic through the State University at Bufaloe School of Medicine.
“I have always been a problem solver. I apply that to my patients daily; find their problem and put them on a path to manage it properly.”
Dr. Laviano has been under chiropractic care for his entire life. He had a severe car accident when he was 19 years old and chiropractic was a huge part of his recovery. He wishes to bring the great care he received to many others around him.
Dr. Laviano worked in a large clinic setting in Albuquerque New Mexico for a year during his first year of practice. During this time he learned not only the business side of owning a chiropractic clinic, but also of his desire to have his own practice where he could provide the loving personal care that he had experienced.
To see Dr. Richard Laviano C.V. - click here.
- Fellowship in progress – Spinal Biomechanics and Trauma
Academy of Chiropractic
Raleigh, NC 2018 - present
- Chiropractic School – Doctor of Chiropractic
Palmer college of Chiropractic
Port Orange, Florida, 2009-2012
- Undergraduate – Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education
North Carolina state University
Raleigh North Carolina, 2003-2008
- Gonstead Technique (Over 2 years-worth of credit hours attended): Dr. Rick uses many techniques that suit the patient’s need with his foundation in the Gonstead Technique. This technique allows Dr. Rick to also see the more difficult disc, migraine, allergy, and gastrointestinal cases.
- Dr. Rick has been on two chiropractic mission trips to Bequia and Dominican Republic in which he treated natives in hospitals, schools and communities.
- Currently finishing his degree in Naturopathic medicine
Dr. Rick completes 24 hours of continuing education per year as required by the NC Board of Examiners for yearly license renewal. Dr. Rick's Curriculum Vitae is available upon request for further information on seminars and continuing education classes attended.
- Dr. Rick speaks Spanish. Él habla español
He enjoys talking to people about their health and health concerns. Dr. Rick is married and they have one “kid”, a golden retriever named Molly. Dr. Rick has a passion for food especially Korean and Spanish style food. His hobbies are playing soccer and basketball.