With plenty of fresh air and sunshine, golfing is a springtime sport. Anyone that plays golf also knows that it's a great way to spend a few hours outside and get a little light exercise.
Golf is a win-win; you're having fun while doing good things for your body. However, if you're playing 18 holes with lots of pain symptoms the fun part will quickly diminish.
This month we've been focusing our content on the pain associated with golfing, and where it comes from. Now we're discussing the best ways to treat it. In our last post, we talked about the muscles involved in playing golf.
In today's article we will begin talking about the specific treatment options for the most common types of injuries and pains associated with the game. If you need the best lower back pain treatment in Raleigh NC, that does not require the use of harmful drugs, call the experts at Falls Chiropractic and Injury.
Treating the Back Pains of Golf
If you have a muscle strain, focus on reducing the initial inflammation and getting rest. Below we'll list a few of the most common treatment options:
Cold Therapy -
- Also known as cryotherapy, this is using cold packs, ice, and other cold treatments to reduce muscle spasms, pain, and inflammation.
Heat Therapy -
- You can also treat a strain with heat. This will increase the blood flow in the area and can temporarily decrease joint stiffness, pain, and muscle spasms. Common heat treatments include hot packs, infrared heat, hydrotherapy, hot baths, and even high-frequency sound waves in the form of ultrasound therapy.
R & R -
- This means rest and relaxation. You do not have to stay confined to your bed, but you do need to reduce your lifting, workload, and muscle use in the affected area. Light exercises, such as walking can actually help speed up the process.
Chiropractic Care -
- Manual therapy, like the kind our North Raleigh chiropractors offer, can reduce your recovery time from injuries like sprains and strains. We heal your pains by stimulating blood flow, loosening joint and muscles, and making sure your joint mechanics are working right. Call us today to learn more.
In the next post, we'll be discussing the treatment options for disc injuries. Below you'll find more helpful information on the back pains associated with golfing.
Back Pain and Golf Information
To learn more about the back pains associated with golfing, be sure to read the helpful information listed below. These tips will help you maintain a healthy spine and to stay pain free.
- Golfing and Back Pain
- Golfing and Back Pain, continued
- Preventing Back Pain from Golf
- More Pain Prevention Tips for Golfers
The Best Drug Free Lower Back Pain Treatment in Raleigh Is at Falls Chiropractic and Injury
If you're one of the many people suffering from a sore back from playing golf, or other from other activities, contact Falls Chiropractic and Injury! Let us help you with our drug-free lower back pain treatment in Raleigh NC. To help your whole body heal, we focus in to identify the roadblocks and limitations that are causing your back, neck and shoulder pain.
Our North Raleigh chiropractors can correct most of these symptoms with regular treatments and adjustments. We can even help you with your diet and exercise needs as well by helping you develop a custom at-home treatment program. Give us a call today for more information, or to schedule your initial visit.